From the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Seattle District Office:
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Seattle District Office is now accepting nominations for its 2019 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year.
Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy.
The SBA Seattle District Office is accepting nominations for the following awards:
- Washington Small Business Person of the Year
- Exporter of the Year
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year – the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program is a nine-year federal government contracting certification and program for small business
- Rising Startup
- Veteran-Owned Small Business
- Small Business Champion
Past winners have included Dan the Sausage Man Owner Danny House in Burien, Washington; RHD Enterprises CEO Rozanne Garman in Lacey, Washington and Edensaw Woods Owner James Ferris in Port Townsend, Washington.
“This is a great opportunity to recognize those small businesses that have contributed significantly to their local communities, developed creative products or made advances with innovative technologies,” SBA Administrator Linda McMahon said. “A National Small Business Week award is one of the nation’s highest honors for small business achievement. I encourage you to visit our dedicated website www.sba.gov/nsbw to download forms, criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination. I look forward to your nomination and wish you the best of luck.”
National SBA Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week on May 5-11, 2019 include the following:
- Small Business Person of the Year – winner is selected from Small Business of the Year winners from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Small Business Exporter of the Year – winner is selected from 10 regional winners
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Awards
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence – for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year – winner is selected from 10 regional winners
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
All nominations must be submitted no later than noon, Jan. 9, 2019. All nomination packages must be hand delivered or mailed to the SBA Seattle District Office at 2401 Fourth Ave., Suite 450, Seattle, WA 98121.
Email submissions of SBA Awards forms will not be accepted as they contain personally identifiable information (PII).
Instructions and forms can be found in the 2019 Seattle District Office Nomination Guidelines located at http://tinyurl.com/2019-WA-Awards.
Nominators are encouraged to attend a 30-minute webinar to learn how to submit a winning National Small Business Week nomination on Tuesday, Oct. 23 from 5:30 to 6 p.m. or Thursday, Oct. 25 from 12 to 12:30 p.m.
For more information about SBA awards, contact Desiree Albrecht at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-553-2664.